Draft South East Queensland Regional Plan Released
Jackie Trad MP has today released the Draft South East Queensland Regional Plan for public consultation. Submissions are open until the 3rd March 2017.
The draft plan and how to have your say can be viewed here.
JB Senior Planner, Andrew McLean has said: “With the continued and accelerated growth South East Queensland is experiencing I’m pleased to see a new plan for the region that is focussing on housing affordability through efficient land use and balancing new land supply with protection of our green spaces”.
Key highlights of the draft plan include:
- Expected population growth of 2 million people by 2041;
- 8,200ha of new urban land;
- Coordination with the State Infrastructure Plan;
- Identification of potential future growth areas including South Logan, Southern Thornlands and Caboolture East;
- Cross River Rail Infrastructure Priority; and
- Maintain interurban break between Gold Coast & Logan and Sunshine Coast & Moreton Region.
Should you have any questions on how the draft plan affects you or assistance in drafting a submission, call 07 3852 1771 to speak to our experienced Planning team.