The Amendment Bill to SPA was introduced to Parliament recently. These changes may have significant (and positive) implications to the development industry!
We’ve summarised the 6 main planning reforms intended to relieve the burden of regulation on the development industry in Queensland.
1. Is Referral Coordination back?
2. Master Planning / Structure Planning make a dignified exit…
3. Resource Entitlement no longer required for lodgement!!!
4. Discretion on ‘Properly Made’ provisions
5. No DA for low risk Operational Works Applications!
6. P & E Court determines court costs